Dead Tank Circuit Breaker 72.5 kV
Robust design for all extremes
The 38-72.5 kV Dead Tank Breakers are designed to excel in a broad range of power applications. Utilizing technology pioneered by Hitachi Energy and used across the industry today, the dead tank breaker line features slipover current transformers as well as independent pole capability and self-blast interrupters.
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
- Point-on-wave switching
- High seismic applications
- High altitude applications
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Independent pole operation available for synchronous switching and greater system reliability
- 45 kA Interrupting rating is suitable for application on systems with higher than standard fault duties or current asymmetry (X/R Ratio), eliminating the need for costly system modifications
- Slipover current transformers that are added or removed without disassembly, reducing maintenance downtime and eliminating contamination risk
- Spring-spring operating and spring hydraulic mechanisms available
- Widely installed base in all environments and applications
- Global service organization, local everywhere
Brief performance data
|DTB up to 72 kV||72PMI
|Short-circuit breaking current*
|Closing and latching current||kA||82-104||104|
|Lightning impulse withstand level - LIWL||kV||350||350|
|Operation type||Single-pole operated||Three-pole operated|
|Operating mechanism||HMB-1 (3)||FSA1|
|MOV||No standard MOV**||No standard MOV**|
|- Ambient temperature*||°C||-40 to +40||-40 to +40|
|- Design altitude*||m||1000||1000|
* Other options available, contact factory for additional information.
** Available by request.
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you