Intended for bi-directional metering over wide currents
Current transformer CXM is an oil-filled, top core design for bi-directional metering. The transformer has oil insulated shield-graded construction intended for outdoor installations. A gas cushion on top of the oil hermetically seals the unit to prevent free-breathing of outside moisture-laden air.
The CXM has demonstrated excellent accuracy stability over the extremely wide current range (from 0.5 to 400% of nominal current), while also maintaining reliable performance in service with a low field failure rate which is below the industry average. This high accuracy, wide current range design has been installed all over the western hemisphere, from desert to arctic climates, for metering wide load current swings with precision not available from standard current transformers.
- Revenue metering for independent power producers for bi-directional power flows
- Revenue or allocation metering for tie-points that can go through zero current
- Extreme revenue metering accuracy for large critical loads
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Hitachi Energy has some of the world's most extensive experience in offering high accuracy wide range metering current transformers, and have refined the design for best performance to meet demanding applications.
- Excellent application engineering support to define the best ratio and continuous thermal current solution based on min. and max. currents to be accurately measured
- Can supply the necessary high short-circuit strength for generation sites
- Designed for diverse environmental conditions - from polar to desert
- Ability to match various accuracy and design solutions - from critical applications to low current levels, all in the same accuracy class
- Dielectrically stringent production includes hermetically sealed design with 100% partial discharge testing
Brief performance data
|Head (top core) type
|Highest voltage for equipment
|25 - 170 kV
|Max. primary current
|Up to 3,400 A (up to 170 kV)
|Up to 120 kA/1 sec
Silicon rubber (by request)
|≥ 25 mm/kV (longer by request)
|40 ºC to +40 ºC (standard)
|Maximum 1000 m (standard)
|*Other temperatures and altitudes are possible
|Meets and exceeds the IEEE C57.13 high accuracy metering and burdens 0.15sB1.8
IEC CI 0.2s also available on request
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you