Flexible design platform for a wide range of applications
The 550 kV Dead Tank Breakers can be equipped with pre-insertion resistors and are tested for high transient recovery voltage (TRV) performance, high mechanical endurance and switching capabilities. Installation time is greatly reduced due to control wire bundling.
For shunt reactor protection, Hitachi Energy now offers Dead Tank Breakers with applied Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs). This solution increases the reliability of the breaker by limiting damaging overvoltages.
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
- Point-on-wave switching
- High seismic applications
- High altitude applications
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Flexible design platform provides options for pre-insertion resistors and various height-to-live part configurations
- Short installation time due to factory pre-assembly
- High TRV withstand
- High rated current options
- 10 year warranty on the HMB operating mechanism
- Widely installed base in all environments and applications
- Global service organization, local everywhere
Brief performance data
|DTB 550 kV||550PM|
|Short-circuit breaking current*||kA||40-63|
|Rated current||A||up to 5000|
|Closing and latching current||kA||104-164|
|Lightning impulse withstand level - LIWL||kV||1800|
|Operation type||Single-pole operated|
|MOV||Internal or External MOV|
|- Ambient temperature*||°C||-30 to +40|
|- Design altitude*||m||1000|
* Other options available, contact factory for additional information.
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you