3 min read
Maintenance release of Relion® 670 series version 1.2 (18.104.22.168)
RELEASE NOTE 1MRG037979 – FEBRUARY 20, 2020
A new revision of Relion 670 series version 1.2 has been released
The new revision designation of 670 series is 22.214.171.124
The new revision designation of REB670 customized is 126.96.36.199
The following has been corrected / improved in the new revision:
System and security related
- Resolved Denial of Service vulnerability where IED reboots when crafted packets are sent to the IEC 61850-8-1 server
- Security improvements to GTM time synchronization - If GTM module 1MRK002282-AB rev r00 to r05 is used, the RED670 188.8.131.52 must be updated to this release as RED670 184.108.40.206
- Increased security of line data communication - Binary signals only from the active primary LDCM module are considered, increased security of compression range and parity bit check
Please read all about the system, security and application related updates in the release note.
Recommendation to update
We recommend users who have faced issues mentioned in the release note to update to this release.
If GTM module 1MRK002282-AB r00 to r05 is used in RED670 220.127.116.11, then update to this revision 18.104.22.168 is mandatory.
IED Connect support
Updating to the new firmware does not require any changes in the installed IED Connectivity Packages for Relion 670 series. The connectivity packages are available in PCM600 Update Manager.
Ordering and delivery
New orders placed on version 1.2 will be delivered with the latest revision 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199. All existing orders placed on version 1.2 will be delivered with the latest revision 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206.
If an earlier revision is required, a request shall be made to SA-T sales and an approved deviation shall be in place.
Procedures for ordering the firmware update
The IEDs are updated using Field Service Tool (FST). The tool automatically identifies the product version and installs correct firmware in accordance with the product version. Please follow the below procedure for ordering the FST.
- Click here to access the FST ordering form
- Fill in the requested data in the new form
- Fill in the serial numbers of all IEDs to be updated
The FST package will be delivered to you by return. An instruction on how to use the tool and perform the update is included in the tool. If you have any questions related to this maintenance release, the Field Service Tool or the updating procedures, please contact SA-T Supportline.
When the concerned IED has been updated, we request you to inform us of this change via SEfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it is extremely important that you let us know. This information is needed to keep our product register updated and to ensure right information to the right local ABB units also in the future.
Joseph Menezes, Global Product Manager