How Hitachi Energy is responding to COVID-19
Protect our people, preserve business continuity and prepare for the “new norm"
Health & Safety remains our #1 priority
The health and safety of our customers, partners and employees remains our top priority, and we are working hard to make sure we minimize risks related to the spread of COVID-19. Our primary goal is to keep our people safe and secure smooth operations across all businesses.
We are actively monitoring the situation
We are keeping a constant eye on COVID-19 developments around the globe and following relevant national health regulations and WHO guidance to contain the spread. We are defining actions that need to be taken when traveling and during site visits.
Adapting our processes
We would like to reassure you that we are adapting and adopting our operations to the current situation. We are committed to constantly learning from this situation so that we exit the crisis reinforced.
We continue to serve customer needs
We are striving to meet the needs of our customers and stay closely engaged. Whenever possible, we are using virtual technology and online tools methods to ensure we stay in touch and support our customers without the need for travel or in-person meetings. For site activities, we are using specific service guidelines to ensure the highest standards.
Hitachi Energy preventive and protective measures
Measures are adapted to the specific local situations and may include:
- Travel guidelines and restrictions.
- Use of home office wherever possible.
- Regular testing at offices and Hitachi Energy sites
- Supporting employees and their families in getting vaccinated.
- Maintaining physical distances (>2 meters / 6 ft), including sales interactions, service activities, shift changes and breaks, as well as in meetings and training sessions, both internal and external. In case this is not feasible, a face mask has to be worn.
- Staggered visits to the canteen and other facilities.
- Staying at home if employees feel unwell.
In terms of tracking the risk of exposure for employees, Hitachi Energy has followed a strict process for contact tracing. This process has been in place since the start of the pandemic and will continue.
Using Hitachi Energy Digital Enterprise technology to support the response to COVID-19
Up-to-date information on Hitachi Energy’s global operations is a top priority, for us as well as for our customers. In order to improve global awareness and response to COVID-19, we are taking advantage of some of our own software technology, Digital Enterprise. With Digital Enterprise, we were able to quickly provide up-to-date information to keep our team informed.