Modular solution for reliable energy supply
The gas-insulated switchgear ELK-04 is the ideal solution for reliable energy supply up to a rated voltage of 170 kV, a rated normal current up to 4000 A, and a rated short circuit current up to 63 kA. Based on a few building blocks with standardized dimensions, its space saving and modular design offers a small footprint and easy operation at high performance ratings. The ELK-04 offers a high level of flexibility for optimizing substation layouts.
- Power transmission
- Integration of renewable power generation units to the grid
- Offshore and onshore wind power connections
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Compact footprint with short installation time
- Indoor and outdoor installation
- Monitoring, control, protection and communication features for smooth integration into digital substation systems using IEC 61850
Brief performance data
|Rated voltage [kV]||145||170|
|Rated frequency [Hz]||50/60
|Rated short-duration power-frequency withstand voltage (1 min) [kV]||275||325|
|Rated lightning impulse withstand voltage (1.2/50 µs) [kV]||650||750|
|Rated normal current – busbar / feeder [A]||3,150||4,000|
|Rated short circuit-breaking current [kA]||40||63|
|Rated short-time withstand current (up to 3 s) [kA]||40||63|
|Rated peak withstand current [kA]||104||164|
|Bay width [mm]||1,000||1,200|
|Ambient temperature range [°C]||-30 … +40|
|Installation||indoor / outdoor|
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you