Safeguarding South African transmission network
PEXLINK line surge arrester concept ensures protection of transmission towers against lighting and switching surges, thereby assuring reliability and availability of power
Travelling safely on Mount Rigi: one of Switzerland’s most spectacular journeys
Hitachi Energy's surge arresters ensure passengers have a safe train ride with Mount Rigi Railways and are protected against potential overvoltage hazards.
Safe and reliable protection of electrical equipment
Hitachi Energy's surge arresters are the primary protection against atmospheric and switching overvoltages. Hitachi Energy offers a complete range of surge arresters for high and medium voltage applications. The range comprises of AC and DC solutions up to 1,100kV and arresters for special applications like railways, DC-voltage limiting devices and many other purposes. The designs comply with the IEC 60099-4 and ANSI/IEEEC62.11.
- Protection of AIS and GIS substation equipment
- Protection of AC and DC traction systems
- HVDC protection
- Protection of series capacitor banks
- Protection of cables
- Protection of transmission lines
- Installation in polluted areas and areas with high seismic activities
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Our surge arresters are designed to be safe and survive high stresses with ease
- Strong focus on quality at all stages, from raw material through to finished product
- Custom solutions for protection levels, energy capability and different dimensions can also be developed
- Components and Service