The best solution to tough power quality problems caused by harmonics, load unbalance and reactive power demand
Hitachi Energy's PQF active filters offer the following system benefits:
- Compliance with the strictest power quality regulations thanks to their unique control concept, thereby avoiding penalties and/or refusal by utilities to connect installations to the electrical grid.
- Reduced production downtime and/or commercial installation downtime.
- Increased system efficiency and reduction of CO2 emissions.
- No detailed network analysis required and rapid and easy implementation of the solution.
- Thanks to its active concept, well adapted to low-voltage installations that are typically upgraded frequently.
Hitachi Energy's PQF active filters can be applied to small, medium or large applications and are suitable for both industrial and commercial installations in low-voltage networks. They can also be employed in medium-voltage networks through the use of a coupling transformer.
Why Hitachi Energy?
PQF active filters are the standard in the active filtering field for product performance. Hitachi Energy’s PQF come with:
- Unprecedented filtering efficiency with unique closed loop control system and individual harmonic selection capability
- Stepless reactive power compensation of both inductive and capacitive loads
- Load balancing in both 3- and 4-wire systems
- Increasing of system reliability to unprecedented levels with full redundancy functionality
- Advanced communication features with Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP
Brief performance data
|Network voltage||V1: 208-480V
V2: 480-690V (limited to 600V for cULus versions)
|Line current rating||V1: 300 - 450 A
V2: 180 - 320 A
|V1: 70 - 100 - 130 - 150 A
V2: 100 A
|30 - 45 - 60 - 70 - 80 - 90 - 100 - 120 A|
|Modularity||Maximum 8 units can be combined (4 units for PQFS)|
|Redundancy||Master/master or master/slave arrangement|
|Harmonic range||2nd to 50th order|
|Harmonics freely selectable||20 orders||3-wire: 20 orders
4-wire: 15 orders
|Filtering degree||Programmable per harmonic in absolute Ampere value|
|Harmonic attenuation factor||Better than 97% at rated load|
|Compensation method||Closed loop|
|Reaction time||< 0.5 ms instantaneous response|
|Response time (filtering)||2 networks cycles typically (10-90% filtering)|
|Target cos ϕ||Programmable from 0.6 (inductive) to 0.6 (capacitive)|
|Load balancing modes||Between phases: ON/OFF||Between phases: ON/OFF
Between phase and neutral: ON/OFF
|Digital I/O||2 digital inputs/6 digital outputs (potential free)|
|Alarm contact||1 NO/NC alarm contact (potential free)|
|Programming||Using PQF-Manager GUI|
|Certification||CE, cUL & CTick||CE & CTick|
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you