Combining low carbon footprint and well-proven GIS technology for highest reliability
EconiQ GIS ELK-3, 420 kV is a landmark achievement that entirely substitutes sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) in 420 kV switchgear with an eco-efficient gas mixture. It showcases Hitachi Energy’s commitment to eliminate SF6 in transmission GIS voltage ratings.
EconiQ GIS ELK-3, 420 kV is the ideal solution for reliable eco-efficient energy supply up to a rated voltage of 420 kV. Based on a few building blocks with standardized dimensions, it supports all typical substation layouts,while offering the same footprint as traditional SF6 GIS. Thanks to its easy operation, it allows for maximum reliability.
The EconiQ GIS ELK-3, 420 kV operates with an insulation gas mixture of Fluoronitriles (C4-FN), Carbon dioxide (CO2) and Oxygen (O2). This mixture essentially eliminates the CO2 equivalent emissions of the insulation medium compared to SF6.
EconiQ is Hitachi Energy’s eco-efficient portfolio for sustainability where products, services and solutions are proven to deliver exceptional environmental performance.
- Power transmission
- Integration of renewable power generation units to the grid
- Industry applications
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Minimal product size enabling an easy fit into existing layouts
- Complete single-phase encapsulation
- Earthquake resistant up to ground acceleration of 1g
- Ideal solutions for hydropower plants, offshore wind farms, and container solutions
- Based on the well-proven ELK-3 family and five decades of experience in the GIS technology
Benefits of the eco-efficient technology
- Best in class life-cycle assessment result
- Highly reliable switchgear technology with eco-efficient insulation gas
- No risk of accidental leakage of SF6
Brief performance data
|EconiQ GIS ELK-3, 420 kV|
|Rated voltage [kV]||420|
|Rated short-duration power-frequency withstand voltage [kV]||650|
|Rated lightning impulse withstand voltage [kV]||1425|
|Rated frequency [Hz]||50 / 60|
|Rated normal current [A]||5000|
|Rated withstand current [kA]||63|
|Rated peak current [kA]||171|
|Installation||indoor / outdoor|
Downloads for EconiQ GIS ELK-3, 420 kV
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you