A smart grid ready solution for use with IEC 61850 process bus communication
PASS for digital substations belongs to Hitachi Energy innovative high-voltage hybrid switchgear family PASS (Plug and Switch System). PASS encloses all functions of a complete switchgear bay in a single module. The hybrid design makes use of traditional air-insulated busbars to connect with other equipment in the substation.
Hitachi Energy's hybrid switchgear can be equipped with Motor Drive (MD) and an intelligent local control cabinet, for smooth integration into substation automation systems using IEC 61850. MD brings the technology to monitor the functions of the switchyard continuously while performing real-time simulation and diagnostics, allowing pro-active management of the life-cycle of the asset and remote service intervention.
For connection to the IEC 61850-9-2 process bus, low-power instrument transformers (LPITs) ELK-CP14 or ELK-CP3 with merging units are used for sampled values for protection and metering. Alternatively, SAM600 stand-alone merging units can be connected to conventional current or voltage transformers of the PASS.
- Bay protection and monitoring of digital substations
Why Hitachi Energy?
- PASS is the most widely installed hybrid switchgear worldwide, protecting networks in many different climates and applications.
- Close to GIS compactness at AIS value - the best of both worlds
- Delivered fully assembled and tested, energizes in 16 hours on-site
- Modular design enables highly customizable solutions in a short manufacturing time
- Hitachi Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of process and station bus compatible control and protection devices
Brief performance data
|PASS for digital substations|
|Rated Breaking current||kA||50 - 63||63||50||40|
|Rated power frequency withstand voltage||kV||275||275||325||325|
|Lightning impulse withstand level – LIWL||kV||650||650||750||750|
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you