SAM 3.0 is a monitoring system with leakage current measurement, surge counting and classification function
SAM 3.0 is capable of sensitively registering surges from lightning and switching in combination with total leakage current. The values are shown digitally on an electronic display. It consists of a current sensor with selectable cable lengths and a display device which can be mounted apart from the arrester.
The system classifies surge current pulses in three classes and saves the overvoltage events with time and date information (time stamp).
- For use with all types of AIS and GIS gapless arrester in medium-voltage and high-voltage networks
- Especially advised for hard-to-reach installation (switchgear, medium-voltage panels, overhead lines and other)
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Accurate total leakage current measurement
- Proven safe behavior even after overloading surge arrester
- Classifying surge events with time stamp
- No voltage added to the residual voltage of the arrester
- Split installation - display can be located far from a measuring point
- EMC robust design
- Easy to install
Brief performance data
|Sealed water-tight design, IP65
|Three classification current ranges for surges from switching and lightning
|Class 1: 0.1-1
Class 2: 1-10
Class 3: 10-100
|Time stamp format
Get to know more
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you