Traction transformers are critical components in the traction chain, affecting train performance and operator services. Hitachi Energy supplies traction transformers for all applications: high-speed, commuter, and regional trains, locomotives, tram-trains, and AC metros, offering different designs in terms of size, weight, and power ratings. They can be mounted either in the machine room of the train, on the roof, or under the floor, providing maximum flexibility and reliability in single and multiphase systems.
Most of the world’s train manufacturers and rail operators rely on Hitachi Energy traction transformers.
Why Hitachi Energy
- An estimated global installed base of 30’000 units worldwide
- Independent suppliers present in more than 100 countries
- State-of-the-art transformer technology
- A custom-made solution to withstand physical and operating constraints
- Global and comprehensive support network, providing 24/7 assistance and service
- Global footprint with 4 manufacturing centers