Live Tank Circuit Breaker LTB E 72.5 - 420 kV
World’s most versatile transmission breaker
LTB E is suitable for breaking currents up to 50 kA, fast interruption (2 cycles) for maximum power system stability. It is configurable for all applications and environments.
The installation and commissioning is fast and simple, and there is no need for site adjustments. It is proven in extreme locations including deserts, the tropics and cold climates - withstanding natural disasters from hurricanes to major earthquakes.
LTB E is designed and type tested in accordance with international standards IEC, ANSI and others. Also, tested to national standards (GOST, DL, and DIN).
Hitachi Energy also provide the Disconnecting Circuit Breaker where the disconnecting function is integrated into the breaker. With the web tool www.dcbsubstations.com you can configure your own DCB substation.
- High altitude applications
- High seismic requirement applications
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
- Switching of harmonic filters
Why Hitachi Energy?
- High current switching capability from 0 up to 50 kA
- Industry leading technology
- Lowest failure rate, one third of Cigré average according report on high-voltage circuit breakers reliability, (Cigré group A3.06 October 2012)
- Local and global Hitachi Energy industry and application support
- Global service organization, local everywhere
Brief performance data
|Rated voltage||kV||72.5 - 420 *|
|Rated power frequency||Hz||50/60|
|Short-circuit breaking current||kA||0 - 50|
|Ambient temperatures||°C||- 30 to + 40|
|Operation type||Single- or three-pole operated|
|Type of insulator||Porcelain or composite|
* Higher voltage levels are available upon request.