Compact outdoor, oil-filled, distribution class, wide range, high accuracy, wound type, three phase metering unit
MXM outdoor rated distribution class oil-filled current/voltage transformer are compact wound type three phase metering units intended for high accuracy revenue metering. These current/voltage transformers are built-to-order to customer specifications. MXM transformers can meet most revenue metering applications due to the special wide range capability of the design with up to two (2) independent cores per phase from 15 kV up to 46 kV. This three phase combined housing is available with ANSI 70 gray porcelain insulators as standard. Hermetic sealing of the design is accomplished using a gas cushion above the oil in the tank to prevent free-breathing outside moisture-laden air.
The MXM provides reliable performance in service due to the conservative insulation system used at the lower distribution voltages.
- Wide range high accuracy revenue metering
- Independent power production metering
Why Hitachi Energy?
For three phase revenue metering on critical loads, this conservative oil-paper insulated current/voltage transformer is extremely reliable for this lower voltage application where users have experienced problems with dry type units. The wide range performance provides 0.15% accuracy metering from 0.5% nominal current to 400% nominal current for any practical span of metering for most installations. Given the flexible construction, the design is very adaptable for meeting the most demanding applications. Hitachi Energy offers our users unique advantages as follows:
- Excellent application engineering support to ensure the optimum solution for the success of your projects
- Designed for environmentally diverse conditions - polar to desert
- Designs specific to critical applications for three phase wide range metering
- Distribution style format offers durable self-healing oil insulation for lower voltage use, providing superior performance at a competitive price
- Dielectrically stringent production features hermetically sealed design with 100% partial discharge testing
Brief performance data
|Wound (tank) type
|Highest voltage for equipment
|15 - 46 kV
|Maximum primary current
|Up to 1,200 A & up to 400/693:1 VT ratios
|Up to 90 kA/1 sec & VF=1.9x-8Hrs
|≥ 20 mm/kV (longer by request)
|-40ºC to +40ºC (standard)
|Maximum 1,000 m (standard)
|*Other temperatures and altitudes are possible
|Meets all IEEE wide range high accuracy metering class 0.15s.
*0.15s stable from 0.5% to 400% nominal current - 1200 A max
IEC CI 0.2s on request
|Meets IEEE 0.15% Z and 4000VA thermal
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you