Surge arresters are an essential component for increasing the reliability of the electricity network as they serve as the primary protection against atmospheric and switching overvoltages. Hitachi Energy has more than 75 years of experience in designing and manufacturing surge arresters. The business provides a complete range of products for low, medium and high voltage applications, comprising of solutions for AC and DC systems up to 1,100 kV.
Safe and reliable protection of electrical equipment
Hitachi Energy's surge arresters are the primary protection against atmospheric and switching overvoltages. Hitachi Energy offers a complete range of surge arresters for high and medium voltage applications. The range comprises of AC and DC solutions up to 1,100kV and arresters for special applications like railways, DC-voltage limiting devices and many other purposes. The designs comply with the IEC 60099-4 and ANSI/IEEEC62.11.
- Protection of AIS and GIS substation equipment
- Protection of AC and DC traction systems
- HVDC protection
- Protection of series capacitor banks
- Protection of cables
- Protection of transmission lines
- Installation in polluted areas and areas with high seismic activities
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Our surge arresters are designed to be safe and survive high stresses with ease
- Strong focus on quality at all stages, from raw material through to finished product
- Custom solutions for protection levels, energy capability and different dimensions can also be developed
- Components and Service
Customer Success Stories
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you