The efficiency of transmission and distribution systems can be improved by operating the system at a near unity power factor. This increases real power availability and improves the economics related to power handling. Capacitors are the simplest and most cost effective way of improving power factor. The capacitor bank controller CQ is the complete solution for controlling and monitoring capacitors on distribution systems.
CQ controller is available in two different models:
CQ900 can automatically monitor and switch capacitor banks based on real time network conditions. It is available in 2 versions: CQ900-L with basic control functionality, and CQ900-R with DNP3 communications for remote control through SCADA and / or a centralized Volt-Var management system
CQ930 is an advanced capacitor bank controller designed for real-time three phase monitoring and switching based on network conditions. It is also equipped with DNP3.0 communications for remote control through the SCADA and/or a centralized Volt-Var management system.
Automatic control of pole mount capacitor banks installed in distribution systems.
Why Hitachi Energy?
The capacitor bank controller CQ range comes with:
- Fully user programmable interface (via unit faceplate or PC software) for maximum flexibility in operation
- Fast on-board micro-processor for accurate sampling, measurement and decision making
- Real-time monitoring of network parameters
- Advanced automatic switching (voltage, Var, current, temperature and time)
- Flexible mounting options
- Logical, structured menu system with user-friendly navigation interface (4-line LCD for CQ900)
- IP65 (NEMA 4R) rated enclosure
- Periodic data, operations and alarm logging of 10,000 events at set time periods into non-volatile memory
- Easy update of controller software through USB drive
In addition to above, CQ930 also offers following features:
- Real-time network condition monitoring, including monitoring of harmonics (up to 19th order)
- Optional multi-bank or multi-step switching (up to 7 steps) available
- Backlit 16-line full graphic LCD screen
- Remote firmware downloading using DNP3.0
- Enhanced security including intrusion detection
Brief performance data
|CQ900 / CQ930|
|Supply voltage||90 Vac to 264 Vac universal power supply|
|Consumption||10 VA max (no modem), 30 VA (with modem)|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to 70°C (ambient)
(-40°F to +158°F)
|Humidity range||5% to 95% (non-condensing)|
|Control modes||Remote (control or monitor only), automatic (local), manual (local)|
|Automatic control modes||Schedule (time), voltage, temperature, Var, current with three user selectable priorities|
|Enclosure||Lockable IP65 (NEMA 4R), powder coated, stainless steel enclosure|
|Backup battery||3.6V lithium cell - 10 year life (unpowered state)|
|Communications||- Unit configuration and data log transfer via USB
- Optional "ABB CapLink" radio allows local interrogation without touching unit (up to 50 m range)
- RS232 and Ethernet interfaces allow monitoring over remote networks using a wide range of modem devices.DNP3.0 communication protocol enabled (only on CQ900R and CQ930 models).