Following the successful release of Relion® 670 series version 2.0, our first KEMA certified IEC 61850 Ed. 2 compliant IED, we now bring several new features and functional enhancements with version 2.1. The release contains customized and pre-configured IEDs covering all application areas with the products REB/REC/RED/REG/REL/RES and RET670.
The 670 series covers a complete set of applications from generator protection, transformer protection and control to busbar protection, line protection and bay control. With the introduction of version 2.1 of the 670 series, we further expand the application areas, enhancing the system functionality and flexibility. Key system features like support for central account management for integration with a centralized authentication infrastructure offers a secure and efficient solution for access control to the IEDs. Process bus sampled values via IEC 61850-9-2LE are supported in REC670, RED670, REG670, REL670, RES670 and RET670.
In the release you will find:
- Higher transfer capacity in the power network due to faster distance protection. The high-speed distance protection now combines the Quadrilateral and Mho characteristics and can easily be adapted per zone and fault loop. Tests according to IEC 60255-121 show trip times as low as 13ms.
- Support for Centralized Account Management (CAM) to enable easy deployment of users, access rights and certificates in the substation automation system. Together with Hitachi Energy’s System Data Manager SDM600, it brings a powerful integration of the IEDs with access control and thereby increasing cybersecurity support for compliance to NERC CIP and IEC 62351-8.
- Flexible product naming enables the mapping of an IED-vendor independent IEC 61850 model to that of the 670 series. This helps easier deployment of the 670 series when utility defined IEC 61850 communication model is to be mapped to that of the 670 series model. This is effortlessly done in PCM600.
- Settings via IEC 61850 for line protection and voltage regulation. This enables IEC 61850 clients to remote parameterize the IEDs in a standardized way.
- Forcing of binary inputs & outputs for efficient and fast testing and commissioning.
A key benefit to the user is the seamless interaction between the PCM600 and Relion 670 series Version 2.1. The 670 series version 2.1 in combination with the updated tools provide a fast and efficient way to engineer substations based on IEC 61850.
Externally type tested communication protocols (IEC 61850 Ed. 1 & Ed. 2, DNP 3.0 and IEC 60870-5-103) safeguards trouble-free system integration and operation of your protection and control investment.
The 670 series version 2.1 products can be ordered as of today. For current delivery time, please get in touch with our sales contact at Substation Automation Products.
Global Product Manager
Substation Automation Products