Compact switchgear fully assembled and high-voltage tested in factory, for rapid installation and energization.
Plug And Switch System (PASS) switchgear is a compact hybrid switchgear fully assembled and high-voltage tested in factory, for rapid installation and energization. The PASS product family covers voltages from 72.5 to 420 kV with breaking current capability ranging from 31.5 to 63 kA. PASS encloses all functions of a complete switchgear bay in a single module.
The hybrid design makes use of traditional air-insulated busbar to connect with other equipment in the substation, while enclosing all high-voltage bay functions in a single-phase gas-insulated housing, allowing outdoor installation and a significant space saving compared to traditional AIS equipment.
Why Hitachi Energy?
- PASS with more than 9,500 bays is the most widely installed hybrid switchgear worldwide, protecting networks in many different climates and applications;
- Close to GIS compactness at AIS value - the best of both worlds;
- Delivered fully assembled and tested, ready for rapid installation and energization;
- Modular design enables highly customizable solutions in a short manufacturing time;
- Global service organization, local everywhere;