SuprOS Network Management
SuprOS is a comprehensive network management system that provides the functionality and tools required to manage the Hitachi Energy Wireless portfolio. Supros streamlines and minimizes deployment costs and allows for reduced operating expenses and on-going maintenance of Hitachi Energy communication networks.
SuprOS manages Hitachi Energy Wireless networks including monitoring tools for AFS Ethernet switches and AFR Ethernet routers, effectively linking Distribution Automation communication networks to Substation Automation switches.
SuprOS software features an intuitive web-based interface and a powerful, standards-compliant management system. It increases the efficiency of IT personnel by simplifying complex tasks such as wireless mesh network configuration, performance analysis, and system optimization. Network-wide software updates and provisioning can be achieved via a single command from SuprOS, thus accelerating a potentially time-consuming task and preventing service disruptions.
A key advantage of SuprOS wireless network management systems is the ease with which initial network deployments, expansions, and reconfigurations take place. Using advanced auto-discovery, network devices such as mesh routers can automatically find one another, streamlining network deployment.
During network deployment, SuprOS collects network performance data to enable the network operator to determine optimization strategies to maximize performance. SuprOS offers an innovative and intuitive approach for performance monitoring, optimization, and control. IT management is presented with a comprehensive operational dashboard and can drill down for more detailed performance data to plan optimization strategies.
SuprOS easily integrates into complex core network architectures, fitting seamlessly into a network management hierarchy. It collects management, inventory, and monitoring data, which can be extracted using a northbound RESTAPI. In addition, SuprOS data can be converted to actionable insights with easy integration into popular tools like Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
Download the Supros datasheet (PDF) for additional information and contact sales with any questions.
- Network-wide visibility provides insight into performance, usage, and RF environment
- Simple, powerful search retrieves information on any device, anywhere in the network
- Seamless integration with Google Maps offers real-time views of router locations and visibility into operational data
- Auto-discovery reduces the need for extensive pre-planning and streamlines deployments
- Network analytics accelerate the introduction of new services through access to historical trending data
- 2.6GHz (or greater) dual processor
- 4GB RAM
- 200GB minimum disk space
Linux versions supported:
- CentOS 6
- Red Hat Enterprise version 6
SuprOS provides the functionality required to manage Hitachi Energy wireless networks – including TroposOS mesh routers as well as TeleOS and ArcheOS PTMP radios – as a system. SuprOS enables network managers to:
- Analyze coverage and performance during network roll-out to determine strategies, e.g., adding routers to provide fill-in coverage, for network optimization
- Monitor the network on an on-going basis using variety of views, including a map view of TroposOS gateways and nodes using Google Maps
- Gain quick access to critical fault, performance and statistical data about the network
- Generate detailed historical trend information for use in network optimization and troubleshooting
- Perform configuration changes and software upgrades