Integration of eco-efficient design into reliable and well-proven GIS technology
EconiQ GIL ELK-3, 420 kV showcase Hitachi Energy’s commitment to reducing the volume of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) in transmission GIS voltage ratings. This product introduces an important step towards complete 420 kV eco-efficient switchgear by substituting the insulation gas in the product’s busducts with SF6 -free gas mixture.
EconiQ GIL ELK-3, 420 kV is the ideal solution for a reliable eco-efficient energy supply up to a rated voltage of 420 kV. Based on a few building blocks with standardized dimensions, same footprint as SF6 and easy operation, the product allows multiple layouts and incremental substitution of the insulation gas with an eco-efficient solution.
The EconiQ GIL of ELK-3, 420 kV, are operating with an insulation gas mixture of Fluoronitriles (C4-FN), Carbon dioxide (CO2) and Oxygen (O2). This mixture essentially eliminates the CO2 equivalent emissions of the insulation medium compared to SF6 gas.
EconiQ is Hitachi Energy’s eco-efficient portfolio for sustainability where products, services and solutions are proven to deliver exceptional environmental performance.
- Power transmission
- Integration of renewable power generation units to the grid
- Industry applications
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Minimal product size allows to fit in existing layouts
- Complete single-phase encapsulation
- Earthquake resistant up to ground acceleration of 1g
- Ideal solutions for hydropower plants, offshore wind farms, and container solutions in combination with complete bays
- Based on the well-proven ELK-3 family and five decades of experience in the GIS technology
Benefits of the eco-efficient technology
- Highly reliable switchgear technology with eco-efficient insulation gas in the busducts
- No risk of accidental leakage of SF6
Brief performance data
|EconiQ GIL ELK-3, 420 kV|
|Rated voltage [kV]||420|
|Rated short-duration power-frequency withstand voltage [kV]||650|
|Rated lightning impulse withstand voltage [kV]||1425|
|Rated frequency [Hz]||50 / 60|
|Rated normal current [A]||5000|
|Rated withstand current [kA]||63|
|Rated peak current [kA]||171|
|Installation||indoor / outdoor|
Downloads for EconiQ GIL ELK-3, 420 kV
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you