Substation distribution transformers have cover-mounted primary and secondary bushings and can be provided with load tap changers (LTC). They are generally connected directly to overhead utility power lines.
Unit substation distribution transformers are generally closely coupled to switchgear, motor control, bus duct, or another type of incoming and outgoing equipment.
Hitachi Energy's proven design offers excellent mechanical strength that has been proven through years of service and special testing. Hitachi Energy uses a low-frequency heating insulation drying process where the insulation is dried in its own tank and is never exposed to the atmosphere once it dries.
- Rated power: up to 10,000 kVA
- Rated voltage: up to 33 kV
- Cooling type: ONAN / ONAF
- Available fluids: mineral oil and ester fluids (natural and synthetic)
Why Hitachi Energy
- Hitachi Energy utilizes a focus factory concept which leads to a great experience with specific products giving a very high level of consistency in design, manufacture, and test
- Hitachi Energy has the biggest library of type-tested designs
- All Hitachi Energy distribution transformers factories utilize the common design platform giving us best-in-class experience, consistency, and repeatability
- Hitachi Energy has more distribution transformer factories than any other supplier, meaning we are always close to your project destination
- Hitachi Energy utilizes best-in-class manufacturing and quality processes to ensure that our transformers will meet the most stringent requirements
- Hitachi Energy has the widest portfolio of distribution transformer products meaning that our experience in providing solutions to challenging requirements is unrivaled
- Hitachi Energy leads the supply base in technological advancement with our Green-R-Trafo™ products
EU EcoDesign product information
- The EcoDesign Directive of the European Union and the related Regulation 548/2014 for transformer losses require manufacturers to publish on the internet information on rated power, load loss, no-load loss, and weight and type of the major components of typical transformers, which are compliant with the Regulation on. Such typical values are specified under EU EcoDesign product information for Tier 1 requirements.
- Load loss and no-load loss values are maximum values with 0% upwards tolerance. If a value exceeds at factory routine testing the maximum value, the transformer is not compliant with the Regulation and is not allowed to use in the EU.
- Note that the values indicated for the weights depend on each specific transformer specification and may vary. The values also depend on the exact grade of electrical steel to be used. Transformer designs and materials used are constantly changing with changing materials prices.
- Hitachi Energy can also provide transformers according to Tier 2 loss requirements and even lower losses. Hitachi Energy is the leading manufacturer of ultra-efficient transformers. As a company, it is fully dedicated to energy efficiency and able to consult you for energy efficiency and sustainability.
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you