Compact outdoor, oil-filled, distribution class wound type three phase metering unit
MVCT outdoor rated distribution class oil-filled current/voltage transformers are compact wound type three phase metering units intended for revenue metering. These current/voltage transformers are built-to-order to customer specifications. MVCT transformers can meet many standard revenue metering applications with up to two (2) independent cores per phase from 15 kV up to 46 kV. This three phase combined housing is available with ANSI 70 gray porcelain insulators as standard. Hermetic sealing of the design is accomplished using a gas cushion above the oil in the tank to prevent free-breathing outside moisture-laden air.
The MVCT provides reliable performance in service due to the conservative insulation system used at the lower distribution voltages.
- Three phase revenue metering
- Check or indication three phase metering
Why Hitachi Energy?
For three phase revenue metering, this conservative oil-paper insulated current/voltage transformer is extremely reliable for this lower voltage application where users have experienced problems with dry type units. The stable accuracy performance provides 0.3% accuracy metering for many revenue installations. Given the flexible construction, the design is very adaptable for meeting the most demanding applications. Hitachi Energy offers our users unique advantages as follows:
- Excellent application engineering support to ensure the optimum solution for the success of your projects
- Designed for environmentally diverse conditions - polar to desert
- Designs specific to critical applications for three phase revenue metering
- Distribution style format offers durable self-healing oil insulation for lower voltage use, providing superior performance at a competitive price
- Dielectrically stringent production features hermetically sealed design with 100% partial discharge testing
Brief performance data
|Design||Wound (tank) type|
|Highest voltage for equipment||15 - 46 kV|
|Maximum primary current||Up to 1,200 A & up to 400/693:1 VT ratios|
|Short-circuit current||Up to 90 kA/1 sec & VF=1.9x-8Hrs|
|Creepage distance||≥ 20 mm/kV (longer by request)
||-40ºC to +40ºC (standard)|
||Maximum 1,000 m (standard)|
|*Other temperatures and altitudes are possible|
||Meets IEEE metering classes 0.3% or 0.15s
IEC CI 0.2s on request
||Meets IEEE 0.3% ZZ and 4000VA thermal|
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you