3 min read
A new revision of Switchsync PWC600 version 1.0 has been released. The new revision designation is 220.127.116.11, wherein the following items have been corrected/improved over revision 18.104.22.168.
System and security related
• Resolved critical vulnerabilities in the TCP/IP stack of VxWorks, commonly referred to as Urgent/11 vulnerabilities.
• Resolved denial-of-service vulnerability where IED reboots when crafted packets are sent to the IEC 61850-8-1 server.
• Improvements to circuit breaker operation time learning function CBLEARN
- Setting AvgSetSel = “setOPisCalcAvgValues” with no learned values present will not cause IED reboot. Instead, the function will publish the setting values.
• Improvements to the provider of monitored data function MONCOMP
- IED startup will no more raise a mechanical monitoring alarm.
- Clearing of fingerprint records will no more raise a mechanical monitoring alarm.
Recommendation to update
We recommend users who have faced any of the issues mentioned above to update to this release.
IED Connect support
Updating to the new firmware does not require any changes in the installed IED Connectivity Packages for Switchsync PWC600. The connectivity packages are available in PCM600 Update Manager.
Ordering and delivery
New orders placed on PWC600 1.0 will be delivered with the latest revision 22.214.171.124.
If an earlier version/revision is required, a request shall be made to SA-T sales and an approved deviation shall be in place.
Procedures for ordering the firmware update
Previously delivered IEDs are updated using Field Service Tool (FST). The tool automatically identifies the product version and installs the correct firmware in accordance with the product version. Please follow the below procedure for ordering the FST.
1. Click here to access the FST ordering form.
2. Enter the requested data in the new form.
3. Fill in the serial numbers of all IEDs to be updated.
4. Submit the form.
A download link for the FST package will be delivered to you by return email. Instruction on how to use the tool and perform the update is included in the tool. If you have any questions related to this maintenance release, the Field Service Tool, or the updating procedures, please contact SA-T Supportline.
Please note that it is extremely important that you report back to us via [email protected] when the update of the concerned IED(s) has been completed. This information is needed to keep our product register updated and to ensure correct information to the local Hitachi ABB Power Grid units also in the future.
Global Product Manager
Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Grid Automation
Global Product Manager
Hitachi ABB Power Grids, High Voltage Products