- The first HVDC power-from-shore solution outside Norwegian waters
- The first ever large-scale HVDC interconnection
- Hans Björklund wins prestigious IEEE award for ‘outstanding contributions’ to HVDC
- Increasing integration of offshore wind power generation
- Combined grid solutions, challenges and opportunities
- Ensuring grid stability with HVDC solutions
HVDC (high-voltage direct current) is a key enabler for a carbon-neutral energy system. It is highly efficient for transmitting large amounts of electricity over long distances, integration of renewables and interconnecting grids, opening up for new sustainable transmission solutions.