TropOS 4310-XA Mobile Broadband Mesh Router
TropOS 4310-XA mobile mesh routers interoperate seamlessly with TropOS fixed routers to deliver a robust, high-performance wireless connectivity solution for mobile workers, equipment and devices.
At vehicle speeds, the TropOS 4310-XA supports voice, video, and data connectivity and extends the TropOS fixed network to provide access for tablets, handhelds, laptops, and other endpoints equipped with a standard 802.11a/b/g/n connection.
The TropOS 4310-XA uses a standard 2.4 GHz 802.11 radio to connect with clients and other TropOS mesh routers. It is packaged in a rugged, weatherproof enclosure especially suited to extreme applications such as mining, rail transport and other uses subject to harsh operating temperatures, vibration, and weather.
An easily deployed solution for increasing the productivity of field workers and enabling mobile machine-to-machine (M2M) communications, the TropOS 4310-XA can turn any vehicle into a mobile node. When deployed in rail cars, military vehicles or heavy equipment, it improves operational efficiency and enhances communications.
TropOS 4310-XA mobile nodes can also wirelessly transport video streams from vehicle mounted cameras to an operations center. Real-time of the area around vehicles increases situational awareness to ensure efficient equipment operation while avoiding accidents, injury and property damage. Connected cameras providing video from vehicle interiors and exteriors can be used to monitor the well-being of vehicle occupants and the surrounding environment.
When used for mobile M2M communications, the TropOS 4310-XA can relay telemetry data from moving vehicles to a centralized operations center. Data can then be used to verify specified operating parameters such as scheduled maintenance or determine if preventative maintenance is required. Benefits of analyzing telemetry data include minimizing unscheduled maintenance and equipment downtime while increasing efficiency and productivity.
The routers provide a connector suitable for use with a GPS puck. GPS data transmitted using TropOS 4310-XA mobile routers can be used by automated vehicle location (AVL) and positioning systems. AVL systems can be used to monitor the safety of employees in the field while positioning systems can increase efficiency and productivity, as well as enhance safety, in applications such as open-pit mines.
Download the TropOS 4310-XA datasheet for additional information and contact sales with any questions.
- Routing algorithms optimized for mobility provide connectivity at vehicular speeds
- Dynamic selection of optimal end-to-end path delivers the highest performance
- Seamless, sub-second handoffs maintain latency-sensitive voice, video, and VPN connections
- Creation of stand-alone mobile networks in areas where coverage is unavailable
- Best-in-class link budget for superior RF propagation
- Vehicle-mounted with integrated high-power radio
- FIPS 140-2 compliant
- Decentralized architecture optimizes throughput in real time and ensures scalability
- Network performance and capacity maximized by automatic optimization of power and rate on per-connection and per-packet basis
- Integrated firewall and IPsec VPN
- Extra hardening for operation in extreme application environments
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you