The 670 series has since its introduction in 2005 grown to cover a wide area of applications for protection and control of the power system. Having a product series in operation for close to a decade has given us the in–service experience in many different application areas. We have kept the proven in use application functions and we have added unique value creating new functions. The 670 series can be utilized for a complete set of applications from generator protection, transformer protection and control to busbar protection, line protection and bay control. Introducing version 2.0 of the 670 series further expands the application areas and the flexibility. The introduction of support for IEC 61850 Ed. 2 simplifies design and testing of protection and control systems utilizing GOOSE. Process bus sampled values via IEC 61850-9-2LE is supported for REC670, RED670, REG670, REL670 and RET670.
In the release you will find:
- Support of IEC 61850 Ed. 1 and Ed.2 in the same product without firmware change. This means that the 670 is future proof and a perfect choice if your strategy is to introduce IEC61850.
- Cyber security support for compliance to NERC CIP and IEC 62351-8.
- Higher transfer capacity in the power network due to faster distance protection. Tests according to IEC 60255-121shows trip times as low as 13 ms.
- Easier and faster to handle the IED due to improved HMI with virtual keyboard, function push buttons and three color LED indications with alarm descriptions.
- Multi-purpose filter with possibility to detect, alarm, and trip for special operating conditions, e.g. sub-synchronous resonance, SSR. This is a unique feature which is only available in the Relion 670 series.
- Flexible breaker monitoring for optimized asset management. This means that one IED can handle multiple breaker types.
- Forcing of binary outputs for efficient and fast engineering and commissioning.
Another of the new huge benefits is the interaction between the PCM600 and Relion 670 series Version 2.0. The new products in combination with the updated tools provide a fast and efficient way to engineer substations based on IEC 61850.
Externally type tested hardware and communication protocols (IEC 61850 Ed. 1 & Ed. 2, DNP 3.0 and IEC 60870-5-103) safeguards trouble-free system integration and operation of your protection and control investment.
The 670 series version 2.0 products can be ordered as of today. For current delivery time please refer to the Delivery times for Substation Automation Products, Västerås, Sweden document available via Transmission protection, and control Sales Support Portal.
Global Product Manager - IEDs
Substation Automation Products