The UBB is a selector switch type of on-load tap-changer. It is designed for mounting inside of the transformer tank, but many of the features and benefits our customers appreciate from our UZ on-tank technology. This combination of the best qualities from both types of tap-changer makes the UBB model unique in its design and operation. Primarily designed for small and medium-sized transformers, the unit is compact and cost-effective compared to equivalent diverter switch types of tap-changers.
- Base technology: Conventional, resistance, in-tank, selector switch
- Common applications: Network, special
|Tap-changer placed in the neutral point of the winding||Other placements of the tap-changer|
|Highest voltage for equipment (Um)||76 kV||76 kV|
|Max lightning impulse (BIL)||350 kV||350 kV|
1-phase (one tap-changer/phase)
|Max step voltage||1500 V||1500 V|
Why Hitachi Energy
- Compact size reduces overall space requirements in the transformer to ensure cost-effective solutions
- A simplistic, reliable design philosophy ensures less complexity for reduced maintenance time and cost.
- Proven contact system has more than 40 years of service experience in more than 25,000 tap-changers