The UC family is a group of diverter switches on-load tap-changers. They come in a wide range of models with a rating suitable for every application. They are mounted inside of the transformer tank, suspended from the transformer cover. The UC types operate with conventional arc quenching in oil diverter switches.
The UCC model is the largest of the UC types and is capable of meeting the most demanding requirements with a BIL rating of 1050 kV and a current rating of 1600 A.
Extend your transformer’s lifetime and easily upgrade to on-load tap-changers type UCC with vacuum technology.
- Base technology: Conventional, resistance, in-tank
- Common applications: Network, special, industrial, HVDC
|Tap-changer placed in the neutral point of the winding||Other placements of the tap-changer|
|Highest voltage for equipment (Um)||300 kV||300 kV|
|Max lightning impulse (BIL)||1050 kV||1050 kV|
1600 A1600 A
|Max step voltage||5000 V||5000 V|
Why Hitachi Energy
- Unique open design for quick and easy maintenance
- Maintenance in any tap position and without dismantling the shaft system, thus, eliminating the risk of failure from improper assembly or alignment
- No online oil filter is needed
- Unsurpassed maintenance intervals