Surge arrester for systems up to 1 kV
MVR is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps, designed and tested with reference to IEC 60099-4.
It is used for secure protection of medium voltage systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions.
- Power electronics
- High-voltage cable sheath
- Low-voltage motors
- Components of low-voltage secondary equipment
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection
- Local and global Hitachi Energy application support
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- Excellent protection level with low residual voltage
- Maintenance free
Brief performance data
|MVR K5||MVR K10||MVR G5||MVR G10|
|Maximum system voltage (Us)||kV||1||1||1||1|
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc)||kVrms||0.44-0.8||0.44-0.8||1.0-6.6||1.0-6.6|
|Rated voltage of arrester (Ur)||kVrms||0.56-0.8||0.56-0.8||1.25-8.3||1.25-8.3|
|Nominal discharge current (In)||kApeak||5||10||5||10|
|Applicable current||AC, DC||AC, DC||AC||AC|
For more details see the data sheet in downloads below.
Get to know more
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you